Mentoring Arrangement Listening Words Actions
From the image above...
Listen - responsive listening (two ears, one mouth)
to each other = mentor and mentee
to the words/watch the actions
each person seeks/confirms
from the Connection - the relationship forming the mentoring arrangement
Look at #4 in the next post
- Clarify your purpose of/your reason for the mentoring arrangement from the outset
- Investigate together what each person seeks to learn, starting with the mentee
- Listen to each other’s words and watch each other’s actions to clarify what each person seeks/confirms from the connection
- Strengthen your trust in the mentoring relationship from start to finish
- Know trust is shared in a relationship where mutual recognition thrives
- Grow the mentoring relationship from the perspective of know thyself
- Convey delight in supporting each other’s mindset development via prove the success and improve the growth
- Celebrate the willingness to expand the concepts and improve the practices of your expertise
- Appreciate the time and effort necessary to ensure an extraordinary mentoring arrangement
- Utilize problem inquiry and appreciative inquiry to guide your conversations
- Remain open to the decision-making process instead of narrowing to an impulsive response
- Explore the various angles of suggested responses in favor of co-creating wise practices
- Interpret the requirements and requests each of you has during your time together
- Recognize truthfulness develops from access to adequate or total information that both parties can use to assist each other
- Formulate inquiries of each other in action-based statements that allow for measurement
- Organize the boundary of your topic dialogue
- Prioritize the issues open for review and reinvention without initial direction
- Frame the informal and incidental learning activities thought useful to stimulate experience-based learning
- Outline your realistic outcomes
- Establish intentions for the conversation and ensuing results
- Share stories and directives that lead to crafting goals to guide the mentoring arrangement
- Collaborate in the fulfillment of each other’s commitments
- Demonstrate assertiveness and cooperation in all interactions
- Keep promises to improve, focus, and strengthen the mentoring arrangement during and in-between meetings
- Navigate experiences through learning for action
- Customize experiences to highlight the learning objective
- Customize activities to formulate the mentee’s questions and the mentor’s answers
- Determine which actions are appropriate to move learning forward, according to the joint decisions
- Model honesty and fairness in nurturing a caring relationship
- Communicate ways that foster conversations
- Encourage diversity without judgment
- Further what each person brings to the mentoring arrangement
- Commit to self-concept awareness while engaged with another
Over the weeks that follow, I'll add some thoughts to each action_outcome statement ...
And I would enjoy your thoughts as well ... Your edits (add, alter, delete) are appreciated.
You are invited to become involved ... and so - - - - your comments are appreciated below.
Today, how about using the social media buttons to share the blog post through your media channels?
The International Mentoring Community guides you as an inspired practitioner - whether employee and/or entrepreneur - to become a mentor who delivers extraordinary mentoring experiences.
You are an...
_ Managers and Leaders in organizations of all types, sizes, and locations
_ Parents & Grandparents looking to involve their children/ grandchildren with nature
_ 55+ year young persons in transition from their workplace to their Next Fifty passion projects
You have Natural Educators capabilities as a
_ Instructive Coach
_ Topic Generalist
_ Topic Specialist
You are or want to get involved with a Community of Significance
_ Elevate groups and teams (departments/units) to communities of significance from communities of practice
_ Involve family and friends in nature-based activities to benefit of all & the trees
_ Involve those who want to get involved with your philanthropic activities that benefits an eco-related movement, fund raising for a charity, etc.
You want to monetize your lived experience to add money to your bank account as you share what you know and do for the benefit of others