Discuss -> Manage flexibility in assigning time and effort to the mentoring arrangement
Suggested Actions ... based on answering this question:
"Can you discuss -> manage flexibility in assigning time and effort to the mentoring arrangement?"
If yes - move to the next lesson or module
If no - follow this pathway
1. Watch the video
2. Identify 3-5 Key Learning Points from watching the video
3. Read the Notes and Additional Resources below - if available
4. Summarize your learning
5. Confirm you can answer the question with "Yes"
Use the Comment section below - Public message
Use this link for a Private message via the website Contact Form
- the ability to be easily modified.
- willingness to change or compromise.
Discuss the connection between time and effort assignment for the mentoring arrangement:
- When working through a challenge it is important to know the amount of time a task will take and the degree of effort
- Automotive industry example - oil change may be shown as requiring 1.5 hours of time - the actual effort is .5. In this case the employee could bill more time than what they work
- Time and effort need to be considered from a task management and goal setting perspective - over promise and under deliver
Discuss the shifting elements within a mentoring arrangement:
- Time commitments on the part of both participants
- Organization direction