M5_6 Feedback Feed-Forward Feed-Fromward Mentoring Arrangement
Discuss -> Use feedback, feed-forward, and feed-fromward appropriate to the situation:
Suggested Actions ... based on answering this question:
"Can you discuss -> use feedback, feed-forward, and feed-fromward appropriate to the situation?"
If yes - move to the next lesson or module
If no - follow this pathway
1. Watch the videos
2. Identify 3-5 Key Learning Points from watching each video
3. Read the Notes and Additional Resources below - if available
4. Summarize your learning
5. Confirm you can answer the question with "Yes"
Use the Comment section below - Public message
Use this link for a Private message via the website Contact Form
- information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc., used as a basis for improvement.
- the modification or control of a process or system by its results or effects, e.g., in a biochemical pathway or behavioral response.
- the modification or control of a process using its anticipated results or effects.
- Present to near future reference - sharing forward the type of behaviour to get a future consequence
- Future reference linked to the activity to encourage a behaviour
Identify the reasons for feedback, feed-forward and feed-fromward in a mentoring agreement:
- Effective communication
- Presenting the feedback in different styles at differing times in the arrangement
- Can assist in enhancing the learning and development
- Mentor can also learn from this approach in enhancing their communication skills but also growth from within.
Discuss the connections between feedback, feed-forward, and feed-fromward:
- It is linking the continuous learning through feedback at various stages of the learning process.
- We share backwards, then present to near future and finally future
- Used to encourage a behaviour
Practice feed-forward and feed-fromward:
- Feedback: “based on your performance you can improve in this way….smile more”
- Feedback: “based on your behaviour we will update the checklist to include the import ance of smiling”
- Feed-forward: “appreciate how you smile with the customers, keep doing so”
- Feed-fromward: “ appreciate how you smile with the customers because you are establishing trust with them as they enter the store which leads to sales, more sales”
Practice use of language appropriate and respectful to the mentee:
- Focus on the communication situation with your mentee at any given moment.
- React to the present, current signals, and try to block out all other influences, especially preformed ideas.
- Be psychologically available to your mentee when communicating with him or her.
- Consider what is being said from his or her perspective before reacting.
- Use perceptions in a positive way. Confirm your perception before reacting to it. This type of communicating establishes respect and understanding.
Practice use of appropriate verbal, visual and kinesthetic language to make a point:
- Use the Socratic method of lecturing by questioning learners to draw as much information from them as possible and then fill in the gaps with you own expertise.
- Have the learners envision the topic or have them act out the subject matter.
- Use activities that get the learners up and moving.
- Guide learners through a visualization of complex tasks.