M5_2 Diverse Perspectives Mentoring Arrangement
Discuss -> Manage diverse perspectives within the mentoring arrangement:
Suggested Actions ... based on answering this question:
"Can you discuss -> manage diverse perspectives within the mentoring arrangement?"
If yes - move to the next lesson or module
If no - follow this pathway
1. Watch the videos
2. Identify 3-5 Key Learning Points from watching each video
3. Read the Notes and Additional Resources below - if available
4. Summarize your learning
5. Confirm you can answer the question with "Yes"
Use the Comment section below - Public message
Use this link for a Private message via the website Contact Form
- The condition of having or being composed of differing elements
- The inclusion of different types of people (such as people of different races or cultures) in a group or organization
- Programs intended to promote diversity in schools
- the inclusion of individuals representing more than one national origin, color, religion, socioeconomic stratum, sexual orientation, etc.
- the art of drawing solid objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and position in relation to each other when viewed from a particular point.
- a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view.
Define diverse perspective:
- It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences.
- These can be along the dimensions of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or other ideologies.
Identify examples of diverse perspectives in the mentoring arrangement:
- Every mentor relationship is an example of diverse perspective as each person is unique.
- We tailor the mentoring experience to the individual based on differences as well as the race,gender, etc of the person.
- Some mentor programs will only match people of the same gender
- Understanding mentees that have come from a place where they were subjected to mental, verbal and physical abuse which was attributed to race
Discuss ways to deal with diverse perspectives:
- Emphasize communication
- View people as individuals
- Encourage working in diverse groups
- Base decisions on objective criteria
- Be open minded