M4_6 Well Being of the Mentee
Discuss -> Support the well-being of the mentee:
Suggested Actions ... based on answering this question:
"Can you discuss -> support the well-being of the mentee?"
If yes - move to the next lesson or module
If no - follow this pathway
1. Watch the video
2. Identify 3-5 Key Learning Points from watching the video
3. Read the Notes and Additional Resources below - if available
4. Summarize your learning
5. Confirm you can answer the question with "Yes"
Use the Comment section below - Public message
Use this link for a Private message via the website Contact Form
- the state of being comfortable, healthy, or happy.
- Wellbeing is not just the absence of disease or illness. It is a complex combination of a person's physical, mental, emotional and social health factors.
- Wellbeing is strongly linked to happiness and life satisfaction.
- Wellbeing could be described as how you feel about yourself and your life.
Discuss factors that contribute to the mentee’s well-being through a mentoring arrangement:
- A strong supportive mentor relationship
- Development of trust in the relationship
- Sense of confidence and positive self-esteem
- Development of critical thinking skills
Explain ways to improve well-being from a mentoring perspective:
- First step is to develop a trusting relationship
- Through questioning understand what the mentee’s state of well-being is
- Collaborate on a plan to address the negative aspects of the mentee’s well-being
- This may require outside help in the form or professional resources (counselors)
- Effective communication - emphasis on active listening
- Story telling - mentor shares how they deal with their own well-being
Discuss the importance of well-being of the mentee:
- The well-being of the mentee is a large part of the focus of the mentor
- Mentor looks at this from a personal and professional position
- Internalization leads to a negative state of well-being