M4_11 Mentee Initiatives Mentoring Arrangement
Discuss mentee’s resource allocation to deal with identification of initiatives:
Suggested Actions ... based on answering this question:
"Can you discuss mentee’s resource allocation to deal with identification of initiatives?"
If yes - move to the next lesson or module
If no - follow this pathway
1. Watch the video
2. Identify 3-5 Key Learning Points from watching the video
3. Read the Notes and Additional Resources below - if available
4. Summarize your learning
5. Confirm you can answer the question with "Yes"
Use the Comment section below - Public message
Use this link for a Private message via the website Contact Form
- the ability to assess and initiate things independently.
- the power or opportunity to act or take charge before others do.
- Readiness and ability to initiate action
Define priority and prioritization:
- Priority: the fact or condition of being regarded or treated as more important.
- Prioritization: to arrange (items to be attended to) in order of their relative importance or to give priority to or establish as a priority.
Identify the criteria for prioritization of initiatives:
- Priority would be given to the issues that have the greatest impact on the mentee.
- If I am presented with communication issues and self-esteem I would recommend addressing the self-esteem issues
- Mentors should review all the issues and then work with the mentee to determine which ones should be dealt with first
Distinguish between situational and recurring initiatives:
- Situational are initiatives that occur as one ofs’.
- Recurring are initiatives that repeat
Discuss the connection between initiatives and issues:
- Initiatives are self-generated and typically not a problem
- Issues are something that will require attention to address
- Issues can become problems if not addressed.
Discuss challenges in prioritization of initiatives:
- Who has ownership of the initiative - who thought of the initiative
- Mentee not seeing the need to prioritize
- Mentee not committed to the journey
- Mentee does not have a big picture view of how everything is related