M3_6 Value of Mentoring Arrangement for Mentor
Discuss the value of the mentoring arrangement for the mentor
Suggested Actions ... based on answering this question:
"Can you discuss the value of the mentoring arrangement for the mentor?"
If yes - move to the next lesson or module
If no - follow this pathway
1. Watch the video
2. Identify 3-5 Key Learning Points from watching the video
3. Read the Notes and Additional Resources below - if available
4. Summarize your learning
5. Confirm you can answer the question with "Yes"
Use the Comment section below - Public message
Use this link for a Private message via the website Contact Form
- An objection or query as to the truth of something, often with an implicit demand for proof.
- In the terms of a mentor arrangement this could include personal and professional
- Part of the challenge may also be the relationship or lack thereof with the mentee
- The regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something.
- A person's principles or standards of behavior; one's judgment of what is important in life.
Identify competing workplace and industry demands of the mentor:
- Time during work hours for the mentoring arrangement to grow
- Constant change - people, process and tools
- Culture of the organization - culture of the industry
- Competitive demands
Identify ways to increase the value of the mentoring arrangement:
- Mentor needs to allow their personal and professional growth to take place
- Needs to be growth on the part of both parties
- Recognize success
- Career enhancement
Discuss the value of the mentoring arrangement:
- Personal Growth
- Professional Growth
- Learning and Development environment
- Increased productivity
- Higher engagement rate
- Use of formal and informal mentoring tools
- Leadership development
- Succession development