M3_3 Generational Characteristics & Mentoring Arrangement
Discuss the impact of generational characteristics on the mentoring arrangement
Suggested Actions ... based on answering this question:
"Can you discuss the impact of generational characteristics on the mentoring arrangement?"
If yes - move to the next lesson or module
If no - follow this pathway
1. Watch the video
2. Identify 3-5 Key Learning Points from watching the video
3. Read the Notes and Additional Resources below - if available
4. Summarize your learning
5. Confirm you can answer the question with "Yes"
Use the Comment section below - Public message
Use this link for a Private message via the website Contact Form
Explain generational characteristics:
- Characteristics of each generation are used to define who they are and their values, attitudes and roles.
- Must be cautious to not stereotype people based on what generation they are from
- A Millennium is known as:
- They are nurtured by omnipresent parents, optimistic, and focused.
- Respect authority.
- Falling crime rates. ...
- They schedule everything.
- Having an understanding of the generations and how they may interact brings value to the mentoring arrangement
- Must not stereotype based on the generation
- Characteristics of one generation overflows into others - Millennials are known to change jobs frequently and are not loyal. Baby Boomers are now following suit.