M3_10 Issue Identification & Mentoring Arrangement
Discuss -> Manage issue identification to the mentoring arrangement
Suggested Actions ... based on answering this question:
"Can you discuss -> manage issue identification to the mentoring arrangement?"
If yes - move to the next lesson or module
If no - follow this pathway
1. Watch the videos
2. Identify 3-5 Key Learning Points from watching each video
3. Read the Notes and Additional Resources below - if available
4. Summarize your learning
5. Confirm you can answer the question with "Yes"
Use the Comment section below - Public message
Use this link for a Private message via the website Contact Form
The video to the right is an additional resource ... also, it covers the important points in the video above. However, the way it's said here may spark a different perspective.
- An important topic or problem for debate or discussion.
- Must be identified and dealt with.
- Can be a broad range of topics - discuss further
- A matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome.
- An understanding of a situation.
- It is challenging to have a complete understanding of a situation
- Driven by the information that you have at the time
- Question technique
Identify 3 characteristics of issues:
- Can impede progress of mentoring arrangement
- Sometimes are not an issue but can become one - poor communication
- Dependent on the trusted relationship
Identify 3 characteristics of problems:
- Was an issue that was not dealt with effectively.
- Can impact the communication of the participants of the mentoring arrangement
- May not appear to be a problem to one of the mentoring arrangement participants
Identify 3 characteristics of appreciations:
- The ideal state of the critical thinking process - issue, problem, appreciation.
- If properly in place would alleviate issues and problems
- Is dependent on participants being able to use critical thinking skills.
Discuss the connections among issues, problems, and appreciations:
- An issue becomes a problem when not addressed and is usually as a result of a break down in the appreciation of what is taking place.
- Without the full understanding an issue may develop and eventually become a problem.
Discuss the usefulness of identifying issues, problems, and appreciations in a mentoring arrangement:
- By not identifying you can impact the success of the mentoring arrangement
- Does demonstrate the benefit of the mentoring arrangement
- Open and honest communication
- Strengthens the relationship