M2_1 Confidence in Mentoring Arrangement
Discuss -> Manage confidence in the mentoring arrangement
Suggested Actions ... based on answering this question:
"Can you discuss -> manage confidence in the mentoring arrangement?"
If yes - move to the next lesson or module
If no - follow this pathway
1. Watch the video
2. Identify 3-5 Key Learning Points from watching the video
3. Read the Notes and Additional Resources below - if available
4. Summarize your learning
5. Confirm you can answer the question with "Yes"
Use the Comment section below - Public message
Use this link for a Private message via the website Contact Form
- the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust.
- the state of feeling certain about the truth of something.
- a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities.
Identify the characteristics of confidence:
- Eye contact
- Stand up for others
- Do what is right
Discuss the contribution of confidence by the mentee:
- Lack of confidence - self esteem, self worth
- Contribution of or lack thereof will shape the direction the arrangement may go
- Mentee with low self-confidence will be unsure of the value they could bring
- Evident through their speaking and through body language
- Without confidence the mentee will struggle
Discuss the contribution of confidence by the mentor:
- Creates an inspiration for the mentee to follow
- Mentor must look within to find their own confidence
- Confident mentor provides a better learning environment for the mentee
- Helps with the critical thinking process